Many of us make health-related resolutions, such as to lose weight, stop smoking or join the neighborhood health club. While it is common to set high goals, experts say that setting smaller goals could do more for our health.
“Small steps are achievable and are easier to put into your daily routine,” says James O. Hill, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. “They are less overwhelming than a big, sudden change.”
Here are 8 to try:
1. Keep an eye on your weight and work on making sure you are not gaining extra lbs. Even if you gain just a pound or two every year, the extra weight adds up quickly.
2. Take more small steps. Use a pedometer to count your daily steps; then add 2,000, the equivalent of one extra mile. Keep adding steps, 1,000 to 2,000 each every month or so, until you take 10,000 steps on most days.
3. Eat breakfast. Breakfast eaters tend to weigh less and have better diets overall. However, if you don’t have the time to prepare yourself a hearty breakfast everyday, drinking one sachet of Pure Organic Barley will do you wonders!
4. Have at least one green salad every day. Eating a salad is filling and may help you eat less during the meal.
5. Consider calcium by including two or three daily servings of low-carb or carb-free milk or yogurt. Dairy calcium is good for bones and may also help you lose weight. Pure Organic Barley is also a good source for calcium, especially if you’re lactose intolerant!
6. Downsize. The smaller the bag, bottle or bowl, the less you will eat.
7. Lose just 5 to 10 percent of your current weight. The health benefits are huge! Lower blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides.
8. Keep track of your eating. Write down what you eat over the next couple of days and look for problem spots. Often, just writing things down can help you eat LESS.
When indoubt what to eat, drink our AMAZING PURE ORGANIC BARLEY! You get the nutrients without the guilt of having too much! It’s just superfood in a sachet!